nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Pears and fireblight

  • From: Matt Demmon <mdemmon@gmail.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Pears and fireblight
  • Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 16:03:01 -0500

I've ordered from Cummin's for two years now, and the service,
selection, and trees are all excellent. Definitely my favorite place
for grafted tree fruit. However, being a smaller place with a lot of
varieties, they sell out early of a lot of stuff, and I think they
concentrate on getting orders in enough in advance they can graft to
order, rather than having a lot of stuff on hand.

The patriarch of the Cummins family (Jim?) is the breeder of the
Geneva rootstocks for apples, so they have a lot of rootstock options,
including all of the Geneva rootstocks that are available.

-matt
z5 SE MI