nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Autumn Olive Harvest and 'Garnet'

  • From: "Idell Weydemeyer" <iwgarden@earthlink.net>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Autumn Olive Harvest and 'Garnet'
  • Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2010 10:31:10 -0700

It is interesting that autumn olive is a noxious weeds in many  areas with summer rainfall but not usually in the dry western areas. I have never once had a seedling come up from my trees--here or nearby (I use drip irrigation so there is no wet ground for it to start--even rain in the winter is apparently not enough) I do not know if there is a problem in the creek areas though --the very few that run year around.

Idell