nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Autumn Olive Harvest and 'Garnet'

  • From: Deb S <debs913@gmail.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Autumn Olive Harvest and 'Garnet'
  • Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2010 12:25:08 -0400

Autumn olive is an invasive species here on our farm.  I did not realize the berries were edible!  We use the goats to help eradicate it (really, if it wasn't mowed or chewed down, it would take over the whole farm).  Ours were loaded with berries this year.  Next year I will know to harvest them, before the birds get to the berries and spread them!

deb