nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Apple suggestions

  • From: Anton Callaway <marillen@earthlink.net>
  • To: rmelrose@danvilleVT.net, North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Apple suggestions
  • Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 21:36:24 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

I've never grown apples North of Zone 7, so I am not really qualified to vote
for recommendations for your climate, but FWIW, 'Wolf River' is a mushy,
bland, large apple down here. Even in the mountain counties, it's like this
& some of those orchards are more like Zone 6. A few people like to bake
with them. In my opinion, it's pretty handy if you want to make cider while
playing softball & not much else.

Anton
North Carolina