nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Apple suggestions

  • From: Leslie Moyer <unschooler@lrec.org>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Apple suggestions
  • Date: Sat, 02 Oct 2010 14:12:52 -0500

I'm definitely no expert, but just had the opportunity to taste a Hudson's Golden Gem last weekend and it was very delicious!  It also rates very well on disease resistance.....Home Orchard Society's publication rates it as "resistant" to mildew, and "very resistant" to both scab and fireblight.  Based upon tasting it last weekend, I'm definitely adding it to my orchard.

--Leslie / NE Oklahoma, zone 7