nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Apple suggestions

  • From: david liezen <chandos49@hotmail.com>
  • To: Nat'l Ass'n of Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Apple suggestions
  • Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2010 20:32:46 +0000

Deb,

Sorry to go the long way 'round, but I lost your original message.

I haven't yet tried Duchess of Oldenburg, which is early and hardy, but want to incorporate it into my yard specifically for pies and such. Nor have I tried Erwin Baur or Edward VII, but have encountered folks saying they are superior for cooking (EB only a medium size apple; ED7 bigger). It'll be some years before I can tell you how they do here.
I've found an orchard halfway across WA where I can get ahold of these; hope to do just that in the coming weeks.

 Dave, Spokane, z6