nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Prunus besseyi expectations

  • From: Claude Jolicoeur <cjoli@gmc.ulaval.ca>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Prunus besseyi expectations
  • Date: Sat, 8 May 2010 22:41:44 -0400

A 22:20 10.05.08 -0400, vous avez écrit :
>Hi Claude,
>
>I find it interesting to read how poorly your cherries are doing. See my
post on winter kill or not to read the temps mine came through last year.

I know...
It is not a question of cold or of winter hardiness. There is something
else. At one point, I thought it was because there are so many wild
P.virginiana and pennsylvanica that could carry some infections, but some
other people also have those wild cherries around and they don't seem to
harm the cultivated species. Must be something else, but what?
Claude