nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Prunus besseyi expectations

  • From: "bluestem_farm@juno.com" <bluestem_farm@juno.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Prunus besseyi expectations
  • Date: Thu, 6 May 2010 02:56:25 GMT

I may have low expectations of my cherries, since I've had really abysmal success with the tree types so far.  Montmorency died.  Meteor had one or two crops and then nearly died.  North star doesn't look like it will outgrow the deer's reach.  Evans after 5 or 6 years has bloomed poorly and set almost no fruits, asnd those it did  were undeveloped.  The Danube suffers some from the winter, blooms some and hasn't set much fruit and the birds beat me to all of it.  Frustrating. This year they all bloomed well, and they are predicting a frost and possible freeze for Saturday night.

Frustrating.

Muffy Barrett
South Central Wisconsin

Penny Stock Jumping 2000%