nafex - Re: [NAFEX] off topic--pumpkins squash

  • From: Dale Burkholder <dburk@planetcomm.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] off topic--pumpkins squash
  • Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2010 09:26:26 -0400

Winter Luxury.
The best. Small pumpkins, maybe 5 lb., with good smooth texture and excellent flavor. We made pies with about 6 kinds of pumpkins/squash last year and the clear winner was Winter Luxury. 95 day maturity - can you work with that? Some of the moschata types are also very good. Of course, stay away from the nice looking big Halloween type things; the Red Deliciouses of the pumpkin world. I must admit, we haven't grown butternut squash yet.

Dale Burkholder
Shenandoah Valley, VA
zone 6b
P.S.  Just because I have a short attention span doesn't mean I