nafex - Re: [NAFEX] pondering peaches in zone 5

  • From: Ginda Fisher <list@ginda.us>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] pondering peaches in zone 5
  • Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2010 07:47:21 -0400

Well, I have friends in Oakland, CA, with a peach tree. They neglect it
completely and get oodles of delicious (but VERY fuzzy) fruit. It's some
effort, because they have to clean up all the fruit or it makes a mess on the
lawn and driveway, and then they have to _do_ something with the fruit. But
I think that's about it for effort. Of course, that's California. They also
have an olive which is even messier, because it's fruit stains stuff.

Ginda