nafex - Re: [NAFEX] off topic--pumpkins squash

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] off topic--pumpkins squash
  • Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2010 11:09:54 -0700

At this moment I still have Sweet Meat squashes in storage. They make the finest pudding (think pie with no crust) of anything I've used. I've set started plants out and planted seed at the same time, and at the end of the season the seeded plants had outperformed the started plants, and all the squashes from each group were mature simultaneously.
I save my own seed of Sweet Meat.
-Lon Rombough
Grape pruning video: http://www.bunchgrapes.com/dvd.html View a short, low resolution clip here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Q58zFY0B1M
A video about The Grape Grower : http://cookingupastory.com/index.php/2008/04/18/the-grape-grower/