nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Haskaps flavor and ripeness

  • From: "Naomi Counides" <naomi@oznayim.us>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Haskaps flavor and ripeness
  • Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 08:23:08 -0700

That the berries are soft when ripe  must be a common issue since one of the Canadian varieties (Tundra) was described as firm when ripe and able to be picked without bleeding.. In other words.. they can be good but are often problematic for commercial fresh harvesting, packing and shipping.

Mellissa, where is your local Craigslist?  I am in Idaho.

Naomi