nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Haskaps availability

  • From: Melissa Kacalanos <mijwiz@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Haskaps availability
  • Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2010 16:20:02 -0800 (PST)

These honeyberries available from US nurseries are (according to the folks up
in Saskatchewan) far inferior to their patented new varieties. I could be
suspicious of this advertising, but I'm inclined to believe stuff coming from
a university that's done taste tests.

I put a message out on my local craigslist to see if anyone wanted to share
an order from a Canadian nursery, and got two bites, so we'll be sharing the
import costs, which should make the price reasonable.

Evil Melissa