nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Any opinions on best pawpaw varieties?

  • From: Robert Bruns <r.fred.bruns@gmail.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Any opinions on best pawpaw varieties?
  • Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 12:25:34 -0500

I had a Wells that produced small, mediocre-tasting fruit.  I could clearly see the graft junction, so it wasn't a case of the rootstock overgrowing the scion.  The PA Golden that I replaced it with had good fruit, so it wasn't the location.  Either Wells doesn't do well in central IN or there are different versions of Wells going around.  We have lots of pawpaws growing wild around here, so you wouldn't think it would be the location.

Fred