nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Any opinions on best pawpaw varieties?

  • From: Jwlehman@aol.com
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Any opinions on best pawpaw varieties?
  • Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 09:45:51 EST

In a message dated 2/3/2010 9:27:43 AM Eastern Standard Time, r.fred.bruns@gmail.com writes:

Two good tasting varieties are Rebecca's Gold and Pennsylvania Golden.  RG is larger, but PG is earlier.  I bought both from Raintree.

I don't write this to disagree with Fred, but rather bring out a point in my previous e-mail concerning this subject.  My Rebecca's gold produces small fruit, compared to most others, and the taste is only average. I don't have Pennsylvania Golden.

My Rebecca's Gold, Davis, Prolific, Sweet Alice, Sunflower, and two other sessions sent to me for comparative testing are in the same 10 x 10 foot area. Sunflower and Prolific are the two best

Jerry