nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Any opinions on best pawpaw varieties?

  • From: Robert Bruns <r.fred.bruns@gmail.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Any opinions on best pawpaw varieties?
  • Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 09:27:33 -0500

Two good tasting varieties are Rebecca's Gold and Pennsylvania Golden.  RG is larger, but PG is earlier.  I bought both from Raintree.

Fred
Central Indiana
zone 5b

On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 8:48 AM, Melissa Kacalanos <mijwiz@yahoo.com> wrote:
I haven't taste-tested these varieties myself, but Peterson's pawpaws, which have been recommended here, are now available not from Peterson himself, but from Nolin Nut Nursery:
http://www.nolinnursery.com/Pawpaw.htm
I see that they're sold out for 2010, but they're taking orders for 2011.

Melissa