nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Sunchokes

  • From: "Luffman, Margie" <Margie.Luffman@AGR.GC.CA>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Sunchokes
  • Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 11:55:08 -0400

I have grown Jerusalem artichokes deliberately for years. My mother used to
make artichoke bread and people lined up to get a loaf. They also make a
wonderful addition to poultry dressing or even just put in the bottom of the
roast pan where they absorb the juices and get crispy.

Margie

Margie Luffman, Curator, Canadian Clonal Genebank
Agriculture and AgriFood Canada | Agriculture et Agroalimentaire Canada
RR # 2, 2585 County Road 20
Harrow, Ontario N0R 1G0

E-mail Address | Adresse courriel: Margie.Luffman@agr.gc.ca
Telephone | Telephone 519-738-1267
Facsimile | Telecopier 519-738-2929
Teletypewriter | Teleimprimeur 613-759-7470
Government of Canada | Gouvernment du Canada