nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Cornus mas

  • From: mIEKAL aND <qazingulaza@gmail.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Cornus mas
  • Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 09:19:24 -0500

I have many unselected (from Bear Creek) Cornus mas that reliably bear
fruit heavily every year without fail. As long as you allow them to
become bletted they make tremendous preserves, & all my eastern
european friends go crazy over the preserves. Mine all took about 4-5
years to begin bearing. They do get a bit of anthracnose on the trees
but it doesn't seem to effect the vigor of the trees.

I'm in z4b SW Wisconsin.

~mIEKAL