nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Squirrel followup

  • From: david.maxwell@dal.ca
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Squirrel followup
  • Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 14:33:29 -0300

> I suppose I'm paranoid, but around here, starlings and other birds
> are always carrying food all over the place, dropping it as they
> squabble. What's to keep them from dropping this stuff where a dog
> - or a young child - can get a hold of it?
>
> That would really worry me.

I don't know whether this will reassure you, but a number of years ago the
president of the
American Society of Radiologists wrote a hilarious account of his experience
during WW-II
when his batman accidently mixed PoP instead of barium for upper GI exams and
barium
enemas performed on a group of soldiers. Suffice it to say that the only
ill-effects were rather
prolonged constipation (which didn't seem to do any of them any harm),
followed by
mysterious loud "clanging noises" in the latrines.