nafex - Re: [NAFEX] test

  • From: Steve <sdw12986@aol.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] test
  • Date: Sun, 17 May 2009 21:26:21 -0400

Betty Mayfield wrote:
Rivka,

I don't know whether my suggestion would work or not - perhaps not, since when we reply to a message, we reply to NAFEX, not an individual.

But some lists are set so when a message comes from a single individual, a Reply goes only to that individual, and in order to reply to the entire list one must click Reply to All. And one must click the box to be included to Reply to All to make sure messages are going correctly.

Betty

This touches on something that has always puzzled me. When I reply to a message from this group, I usually am replying only to the group. Sometimes, when I click reply, I look up to see where it is addressed to and it is going to NAFEX but it is sending a copy to the individual too.
It is possible to set the option to hide your address but I don't hide mine. If your mail program works like mine, you can point to my name "Steve" at the top of this message and see my e-mail address. Even so, if I pretend I'm going to reply to myself, the message is addressed only to NAFEX. Even if I click "reply all" the messages is still addressed only to NAFEX.
I really don't know how another person's choice of e-mail program would influence where my reply goes to but I can't think of any other explanation right now. Perhaps someone, who receives a private e-mail when someone replies to their message on the group, can explain how that happens.

Steve