nafex - Re: [NAFEX] test

  • From: Road's End Farm <organic87@frontiernet.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] test
  • Date: Sun, 17 May 2009 17:01:17 -0400

On May 17, 2009, at 4:43 PM, Betty Mayfield wrote:

Rivka,

I don't know whether my suggestion would work or not - perhaps not, since when we reply to a message, we reply to NAFEX, not an individual.

But some lists are set so when a message comes from a single individual, a Reply goes only to that individual, and in order to reply to the entire list one must click Reply to All. And one must click the box to be included to Reply to All to make sure messages are going correctly.

I don't think NAFEX works like that; I always just hit Reply. And I think it's better this way; if the default is to reply only to the individual and not to the list, then many replies will never get seen by most on the list, and it would be very hard to get a general discussion going; which I thought was what this list was for. -- I was once on a list that did seem to work that way; there were almost never any posts to the list, and when someone did post, there were rarely any replies that I could see. It took me a while to figure out why.

--Rivka
Finger Lakes NY; zone 5 mostly