nafex - Re: [NAFEX] test

  • From: Steve <sdw12986@aol.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] test
  • Date: Sun, 17 May 2009 20:57:48 -0400

Road's End Farm wrote:

On May 17, 2009, at 1:19 PM, Betty Mayfield wrote:

Barbara,

I don't know about other e-mail programs, but in Eudora under
Tools/Options/Replying, there is a box that can be checked "When
replying to all include yourself."

If I understand the question correctly, that isn't really the issue: the issue is seeing your own posts come through to the list, so that you know whether they did in fact show to others on the list. If you just copy yourself, you'll get the message by that route whether or not anyone else on the list sees them.

--Rivka
Finger Lakes NY; zone 5 mostly

That's exactly right Rivka.
What I haven't seen anyone explain is how to change those settings so that you see your own messages on the list. The answer is at the bottom of every message we read here. Scroll to the bottom of any message and look for "also can be used to change other email options". Click the link it is referring to and scroll down to the bottom of that page.
There you will type in the e-mail address you use for our group and click the button. (It says unsubscribe or edit options.) One of the options that you can choose yes or no is "Receive your own posts to the list?". Decide what you want to do.

Steve