nafex - [NAFEX] Controlling peach leaf curl with Bravo

  • From: Alan Haigh <alandhaigh@gmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Controlling peach leaf curl with Bravo
  • Date: Sun, 17 May 2009 12:25:21 -0400

I actually don't have a ton of experience controlling peach leaf curl because I usually let it run its course.  On sites where I've had any problem it has been sporadic on usually just a single tree and isn't enough of an issue to add another spray to the sched.  When I have treated it it has been with Bravo (chlorothalonil) which is one chemical Cornell prescribes for this disease.  Others are Echo, C-O-C-S or other copper formulations, Ferbam, Kocide and Ziram.  For all these materials a single application is recommended while tree is still dormant in Spring.

On trees I've treated I haven't had a return infection- but I could say the same about most of the trees I've left untreated, which is the vast majority.

  • [NAFEX] Controlling peach leaf curl with Bravo, Alan Haigh, 05/17/2009