nafex - Re: [NAFEX] first time grafting with parafilm

  • From: Lucky Pittman <lucky.pittman@murraystate.edu>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] first time grafting with parafilm
  • Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 11:35:25 -0500

I'm guessing the Parafilm 'grafting tape' must be perforated.
I'm in a laboratory setting, so I have ready access to the original Parafilm-M formulation. We buy it by the case in the 2"x 250 ft rolls, so when I finish off a roll - it takes years - I just get one from central supply and pay the business manager.
I usually cut pieces about 3/4 inch wide by six inches in length in advance; one strip will do most apple/pear grafts, but I may use 2 or 3 pieces on a big pecan/hickory/walnut graft.

Lucky