nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Grafting--Doc Farwell's question - storage life

  • From: "Shambeda" <shambeda@epix.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Grafting--Doc Farwell's question - storage life
  • Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 13:15:43 -0400

I have found I can keep Doc Farwells for 4 or more years by splitting up the 1 pint container into several smaller containers.
I have used old 35mm film canisters and a similar size paint container (available at craft stores for 25 cents) for the small amount that I take to grafting classes. These are about 1 fl oz. If they get swiped, I only lose a little bit. I usually make up 10 small ones, then split the remainder into two equal sized sealable containers. it probably lasts longer, but in 4 or 5 years I run out and need more.

Steve Z6 in PA

----- Original Message ----- From: "Erdman, James" <ErdmanJ@uwstout.edu>