nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Grafting--Doc Farwell's question

  • From: "Erdman, James" <ErdmanJ@uwstout.edu>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Grafting--Doc Farwell's question
  • Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 10:28:19 -0500

From: nafex-bounces@lists.ibiblio.org [mailto:nafex-bounces@lists.ibiblio.org] On Behalf Of Lon J. Rombough

If the lid was tight, I'd suspect your Farwell's froze. That makes it separate and ruins it. I had that happen once. Since then I keep it in the house where it can't freeze and it stays in good shape. At most it just needs some stirring.

-Lon Rombough

It was kept in the basement, and never got below 55 degrees.  It was tightly closed (plastic wrap over mouth of jar before lid was screwed on.  I had it harden on me 2 years in a row, so I have given up on it.  It didn’t separate, it hardened into a solid mass.

Jim