nafex - Re: [NAFEX] persimmon transplanting? grass under pecan trees

  • From: Lucky Pittman <lucky.pittman@murraystate.edu>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] persimmon transplanting? grass under pecan trees
  • Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 15:55:32 -0500

At 08:50 AM 3/23/2009, you wrote:
When is the best time to transplant persimmon trees--breaking dormancy?

Now.

Also I can't grow grass under pecan trees? is there a juglone-resistant type:?
If they're big, mature pecans, I suspect the issue is more shading and competition for moisture/nutrients than juglone toxicity. You'd encounter the same issue(if not worse) trying to grow grass under a big, mature maple or oak.