nafex - [NAFEX] Pears

  • From: "Kathryn Mathews" <kathmath@charterinternet.com>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Pears
  • Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 12:18:18 -0600

I'm looking for a pear that can be pollinated by pyrus ussuriensis, will be good for drying and will do well in my southern Minnesota zone 4 climate.  Resistance to fireblight would also be nice.  I've heard 'Ure' can be pollinated by ussuriensis.  How susceptible is it to fireblight?  My local nursery has information on 'Summercrip' that says calls it a 'Ussurian Pear' and says it is resistant to fireblight and self-pollinating.  Is this accurate?
Kathryn Mathews

This notice is required by IRS Circular 230, which regulates written communications about federal tax matters between tax advisors and their clients.  To the extent the preceding correspondence and/or any attachment is a written tax advice communication, it is not a full “covered opinion.”  Accordingly, this advice is not intended and cannot be used for the purpose of avoiding penalties that may be imposed by the IRS.