nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Pears

  • From: rmelrose@danvilleVT.net
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Pears
  • Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 13:56:05 -0500 (EST)

Kathryn, the information you have seems pretty accurate. However, to my taste
at
least, Luscious is a much nicer `Ussurian Pear' (meaning it has at least
some ussuriensis in its background). If you want to go with Ure, look for
`Early Gold' which is a sport of Ure (or so I have been told) the fruit of
which in my experience is earlier, larger and better.

Richard
Z4a, VT