nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Birds in Amelanchier & Cherry

  • From: John S <swim_at_svc@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Birds in Amelanchier & Cherry
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 15:32:48 -0700 (PDT)

Jim,  I read some research a while back that birds see into the ultraviolet much more then we do and much of the feeding behavior could depend on the color of the fruit.  The color change of ripening fruit could be what triggers the feeding.  Hence, your success with decoys may have something to do with the color of the paint used and/or brand, as well as specific beads.