nafex - Re: [NAFEX] yellow jackets?

  • From: tanis cuff <tanistanis@hotmail.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] yellow jackets?
  • Date: Thu, 1 May 2008 02:13:12 +0000

I also have seen this over-sized look-a-like. Impressive things!

None of the small, summer yellow-jackets yet. A couple of the big bumble
bees. Lots of honeybees, a few native tiny solitaries, and more than usual
of the common long & thin, dangley-legged, yellow & black hornets (the ones
which nest in soffits & cedar shingles and only sting when REALLY messed
with.) These last, and the honeybees, seem to be much more assertive than
usual-- for springtime-- and the honeybees are quite thirsty, always gobbling
water.

tc, s.WI, a few warm days but mostly cooler than past few years.