nafex - Re: [NAFEX] grafting questions

  • From: Ginda Fisher <list@ginda.us>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] grafting questions
  • Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 17:29:52 -0400

On Apr 25, 2008, at 8:50 AM, Erdman, James wrote:

. . . Someone mentioned viruses in the scions.  I used scion wood from at least 3 friends, from a person on this list, and from my own trees, and I wouldn’t have expected all of these to have the same kind of problem transmitted through scionwood .

Did you sterilize your knife between working on different scions?  I think I've killed an apple tree (or possibly two) with a virus transmitted via scionwood, for what it's worth.

Ginda