nafex - Re: [NAFEX] discussion about seeds

  • From: Jwlehman@aol.com
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] discussion about seeds
  • Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2008 17:52:35 EST

In a message dated 3/7/2008 5:16:40 PM Eastern Standard Time, george.brinson@nf.sympatico.ca writes:

millions of pounds of the same materials for direct consumption being distributed over the whole continent.

Doesn't make sense, for sure. But the importing corporations go through a USDA permit process also, although I question whether much more than a formality. But it is considered.

Yes, I have purchased and enjoyed several pounds of plums, peaches and nectarines. Have even thought of planting the seeds. But I would not wish to go down in fruit growing history as being the one who started a US Sharka infestation.

Jerry

It's Tax Time! Get tips, forms, and advice on AOL Money & Finance.
(http://money.aol.com/tax?NCID=aolprf00030000000001)