nafex - Re: [NAFEX] visiting "fruit peoples" in Canada

  • From: "S & E Hills" <ehills7408@wowway.com>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] visiting "fruit peoples" in Canada
  • Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2008 05:50:01 -0500

Were I in your shoes I would try to get out to the University of
Saskachewan. They are doing all kinds of hardy fruit breeding there. I
would also try to visit the Saskatoon Farm (to try products made from
saskatoons) (amelanchier).

On the way to Ontario I would try to get to DNA gardens (where you could
possibly sample/purchase and ship? plants of those hardy fruit). They
supposedly have a great tissue culture program there.

In Ontario try to get out to the Royal Gardens.

Scott Hills
Zone 6b
Michigan, USA