nafex - [NAFEX] scale on citrus

  • From: "Michelle Horner" <shelly2@wi.rr.com>
  • To: "nafex" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] scale on citrus
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 18:42:29 -0600

I would try Neem oil.  I do not know how I survived without this stuff.  I use it as light oil and dormant oil.  For the past five years I spray any plant that comes in the house and I am bug free all winter.  Except about three winters ago:  I was tied up with other stuff and frost was threatening; I hauled everything in without their Neem oil spray.  I didn't think too much about it.  I had HUGE infestations of white fly, scale, and hatching blue bottle flies!!  I spray the mulch on the tops of the pots and soak the underside and stems.  Ideally, I even try to get 2 separate sprays in.  This winter it didn't happen--only 1 spray; so far no bugs.  WHEW.  Even this late I'd load a little one gallon sprayer and do a 3/4 strength spray on all indoor stuff (with some discretion on delicate stuff).

Michelle Horner
zone 4/5  SE WI