nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Scale on Citrus

  • From: "Donna &/or Kieran" <holycow@cookeville.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Scale on Citrus
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 15:01:42 -0600

Doreen,  I used to use a buttermilk/flour mix to stop the crawlers, that's the easiest stage to get them at.  I'd have a few scale in the winter, but by spraying them in the spring it seemed to keep the things from ever multiplying all out of control they way they tend to do.  Scale seems to be THE big problem for potted citrus.  I don't know how to tell when the crawlers on the move, it's been to many years now.  I think I just sprayed them a time or two in the spring.  Don't know where I got the recipe either, probably from my Rodale book.  There wasn't much of either ingredient, it looked thin and watery and dried to a fine clear layer that would flake off later.     Donna