nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Scale on Citrus

  • From: road's end farm <organic101@linkny.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Scale on Citrus
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 19:33:00 -0500

On Jan 21, 2008, at 11:48 AM, Doreen Howard wrote:

<x-tad-smaller>I have a couple of kumquats planted in pots that I bring indoors for winter and place under lights.  They usually flower and produce fruit.  This year, the plants have been inundated with scale.  I've sprayed with clove-rosemary oil several times.  The oil knocks the infestation back, but it reappears soon.  Since these plants are indoors, and I'm basically an organic gardener, can anyone suggestion another non-toxic battle plan?  I've already lost one plant to scale, and now several houseplants have scale, too.</x-tad-smaller>
<x-tad-smaller>Doreen Howard</x-tad-smaller>
<x-tad-smaller>WI-IL Border, Zone 4b, where it's snowing
</x-tad-smaller>

Safers' insecticidal soap? haven't tried it for this; but it is labeled for scale.

--Rivka
Finger Lakes NY; zone 5 mostly