nafex - [NAFEX] Grafting C. mas

  • From: John S <swim_at_svc@yahoo.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Grafting C. mas
  • Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 14:33:26 -0800 (PST)

I'm going to grafting some C. mas named varieities this upcoming year.  With all the discussion regarding grafting, can I ask for some advice on this topic?  I've done apples with success but that was at least a decade ago.  Any thought on type, temperature, etc.  I'll be grafting between established small trees (3-8 years old) to lesson risk of loss of my collection.  Last years poor spring resulted in the loss of two trees.

TIA John