nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Apple Vinegar

  • From: "Naomi" <dragon-star@cableone.net>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Apple Vinegar
  • Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 11:06:53 -0600

I made some fruit vinegar last year.  It is actually pretty easy.  You make the fruit juice into wine and once it is wine add some vinegar with active bacteria,  actually the tricky part is finding the raw vinegar.  I got some from the health food store.  Make sure you do NOT stopper it once the vinegar is in but some netting is good to keep fruit flies out..  And vinegar happens.  Just like in the dropped apples under the tree.  First you smell ferment and then you smell vinegar.

Naomi