nafex - Re: [NAFEX] my undergraduate research-mycorrhizae and grafting

  • From: Douglas Woodard <dwoodard@becon.org>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] my undergraduate research-mycorrhizae and grafting
  • Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 15:57:04 -0400

I'm inclined to think that introducing a second source of variable (severe graft incompatibility) might just confuse the issue. I would expect that success of ordinary grafts might be influenced more clearly by the nutritional status of the scion and the rate of growth of the connecting tissue at the graft.

Doug Woodard
St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada