nafex - Re: [NAFEX] giant red plums

  • From: Michael Nave <jmichaelnave@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] giant red plums
  • Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 16:09:05 -0700 (PDT)

I bought a couple of monstrous red plums here in
California today although they may not be what Diane
has. These may actually be pluots. They are very firm
with very good flavor.

It's odd because as strawberries have grown in size
through the years their flavor and sweetness has
almost disappeared, but as plums have grown their
flavor has remained good.