nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Apple Butter Recipe / Pear sauce

  • From: Del Stubbs <northernlights2n@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Apple Butter Recipe / Pear sauce
  • Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 06:11:38 -0700 (PDT)

I just had a discussion with an old timer who makes all her apple butter in
the oven, low
temp, in a large open pan - it can't burn this way and the extra water
evaporates easily.
Another friend uses his electric slow cooker w/ the top off.
We have made a mix of 1/4 pear sauce and 3/4 apple sauce - wonderful! The
apples were
plain and we were short on pears so it was a perfect combo.
Del