nafex - Re: [NAFEX] What do you do with pears?

  • From: Steve <SDW12986@aol.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] What do you do with pears?
  • Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 22:44:35 -0400

dragon-star@cableone.net wrote:

Pear Pie!!

I once had a pear pie recipe that involved anise and lemon zest. It was
totally outstanding. It was in a book loaned to me by a friend. I should
NOT have returned that book. I think it was Farm journal's complete pie
cookbook; 700 best dessert and main-dish pies in the country. I have just
ordered a copy for myself. Those farm ladies were shameless.. they made
anything and everything into pies. Even the cows.. (joke)
Naomi

Based on your endorsement, I just now bought one of these books on eBay for $5.99 plus $4 shipping. There are several others available there (with a wide price range from under $10 to about $80!) and even more on Amazon.com starting at around $12.

Steve in the Adirondacks