nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Apple Butter Recipe / Pear sauce

  • From: "Thomas Olenio" <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Apple Butter Recipe / Pear sauce
  • Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 12:01:39 -0400

Hi Del,

The same oven technique can be used for making tomato salsa. I just use the
top and bottom of a large, square, roasting pan on different oven racks and
prop the oven open a crack, while running it at 150-200F.

Opening the oven door a crack is necessary to allow steam to escape more
readily.

I usually move it from the stove top to the oven while it is still hot.

I bet it would work for apple butter just as well. A great fall project on
cool days when the central heat is not on yet.

Later,
Tom