nafex - [NAFEX] Black Raspberries

  • From: "Jim Fruth" <jfruth@tds.net>
  • To: "NAFEX" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Black Raspberries
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 08:12:51 -0500

Ginda,
You said, "If you like sweet fruit and find red raspberries too tart, I wouldn't
bother with currants. I like them, but the red ones are very tart
(and I don't think of raspberries as a tart fruit) and the black ones
mostly need to be cooked."

The Pequot Black Raspberry is great for eating fresh. Back when I sold the fruit at farmers' markets, regular customers learned they had to buy extra to make it home with some because, if they only bought one boxful, they'd eat them before they got home.

Jim Fruth
Brambleberry Farm
Pequot Lakes, MN 56472
For jams, jellies & syrups: