nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Black Raspberries

  • From: Ginda Fisher <list@ginda.us>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Black Raspberries
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 10:47:11 -0400

Sorry for the ambiguity. I meant black CURRANTS mostly need to be cooked.
Black raspberries are an excellent out-of-hand fresh fruit, and I like them
a lot fresh off the cane.

I happen to prefer red raspberries, which are one of the most aromatic and
spectacular fruits in existance (although as with strawberries, they range
from divine to flavorless, depending on cultivar and cultivation). But
yes, i'm sure the original poster would enjoy black raspberries.
___
Ginda