nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Antitranspirants

  • From: "Mark & Helen Angermayer" <hangermayer@isp.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Antitranspirants
  • Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2007 13:50:03 -0500

I've used a product called Wilt-pruf. It contains extract from seaweed. It
is supposed to be used for transplant shock. I've used it before to try to
keep scionwood from desiccating.

The problem I have using it for transplanting is that it eventually kills
the foliage. It does seem to minimize transplant shock, indeed the foliage
doesn't wilt much at first, but like I say after a while it kills the
leaves. My guess is it keeps them from breathing. It still works OK though
because by the time the sprayed foliage starts to die, the plant starts
pushing up new growth. I've used it mainly for transplanting strawberries.
It might work differently on other plants.

Mark
Kansas