nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Antitranspirants

  • From: "Donna &/or Kieran" <holycow@cookeville.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Antitranspirants
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 23:30:29 -0500

I came across a bottle of Safer's "No Wilt" and had decided to spray some on the garden in hopes of saving it in the worsening drought. The bottle didn't say anything about using it on veggies, but on the other hand it didn't say not to, and it didn't give any warnings about not eating things that had been sprayed with it. I called the company and asked if it would slow down the veggies too much. I said I'd spray it on roses and trees just to keep them alive, but that I wanted the veggies to grow. The woman I got hold of said she'd have to call me back. I waited around and decided to go ahead and start spraying Surround on things. Some 5 hours later when I was at work, the co employee called back and said the "No Wilt" product was not intended for food crops and not to use it on them. I am kicking myself for not asking what's in it. It's apparently hell to remove from surfaces or from the sprayer. I'm not sure I want to use a lot of water and detergent to get the sprayer clean as recommended after using it, we don't have very much water.
Does anyone know anything about this product or others like it? Will it put my trees on hold for the summer? What is in the stuff anyway? Is it bad for the ground under the trees and roses? Thanks. Donna