nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Mulberry

  • From: "William C. Garthright" <billg@inebraska.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Mulberry
  • Date: Sat, 09 Jun 2007 20:35:48 -0500

Oscar's is supposed to be hardy to zone 5 and it is really an excellent
mulberry, currently my favorite.

Is it a very large tree? The more I think about it, the more I'm inclined to try that Geraldi Dwarf, though I can't find much information about it on the Internet. I'd really have to prune a full-sized tree quite severely to fit the place I have available. And I planted strawberries nearby last year. I figured I'd enjoy them for a few years before the mulberry got big enough to shade them out. But after enjoying them this year, I'm thinking a dwarf tree might let me keep them, too.

Bill
Lincoln, NE (zone 5)

--
Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve. - George Bernard Shaw