nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Poison Sumac Question

  • From: "Doc Lisenby" <longdistshtr@shtc.net>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Poison Sumac Question
  • Date: Sun, 13 May 2007 11:39:08 -0400

Jim, as the ammunition magazine OIC at MCAS, Cherry Point, NC, I was furnished with a US Forestry Service Agent. He got lost in the swamps and climbed a tree to find a way out. So happens it was Poison Sumac and he got a reaction from his feet to his face. Not a pretty sight. He never lived it down. The Marines called him Zorro for his marking trees with his "sword". He showed me my first "Princess Tree" which years later became a familiar to me in tree farms as the Japanese demand for the wood became profitable to the local farmers.
Doc